JOURNAL ARTICLE

DESIRE AND LOVE IN FOUR QUARTETS
Genevieve Stevens
Irish Journal of American Studies
Vol. 13/14 (2004/2005), pp. 205-225
https://www.jstor.org/stable/40658386
CR

On Sun, Feb 24, 2019 at 2:05 PM Chanan Mittal <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Only by the form, the pattern, / Can words or music reach / The stillness, as a Chinese jar still / Moves perpetually in its stillness. / Not the stillness of the violin, while the note lasts, / Not that only, but the co-existence, / Or say that the end precedes the beginning, / And the end and the beginning were always there / Before the beginning and after the end. / And all is always now.
 - T. S. Eliot, Four Quartets

https://www.tangdynastytimes.com/2013/07/chinese-jar.html

CR