Error during command authentication.

A sample from another review (in London Evening Standard) I might’ve shared earlier:

“He commissions books and articles, he assesses submissions. He responds to invitations and suggestions, always with courtesy, even when refusing. He supplies references and letters of introduction, he offers advice. He constantly apologises for delays in replying and he thanks people for their contributions, their comments, their hospitality, friendship and support.

All this can make repetitious reading now, essential though it may have been then to the literary culture he was seeking to nurture. Yet taken together these letters are little less than a lesson in conduct, a kind of tireless poise, a demonstration of grace under pressure.

They are invariably, as Haffenden notes in his preface, “humane and engaging, constructive and inventive, and frequently jokey” — and sometimes they are more than that: revealing, touching and wise. They are also, like all good letters, wonderfully different in tone when writing to different friends and acquaintances.”

https://www.standard.co.uk/lifestyle/books/the-letters-of-t-s-eliot-volume-8-19361938-edited-by-valerie-eliot-and-john-haffenden-review-a4041651.html

Insightful.

CR