Well, I did have an initial feeling that something was amiss. This brief
description brings that home to me.

“Eliot is called upon to become the completely public man. He gives talks,
lectures, readings and broadcasts, and even school prize-day addresses. As
editor and publisher, his work is unrelenting, commissioning works ranging
from Michael Roberts's The Modern Mind to Elizabeth Bowen's anthology The
Faber Book of Modern Stories. Other letters reveal Eliot's delight in close
friends such as John Hayward, Virginia Woolf and Polly Tandy, and his
colleagues Geoffrey Faber and Frank Morley, as well as his growing troupe
of godchildren - to whom he despatches many of the verses that will
ultimately be gathered up in Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats (1939).

The volume covers his separation from first wife Vivien, and tells the full
story of the decision taken by her brother, following the best available
medical advice, to commit her to an asylum - after she had been found
wandering in the streets of London. All the while these numerous strands of
correspondence are being played out, Eliot struggles to find the time to
compose his second play, The Family Reunion (1939), which is finally
completed in 1938.”

https://books.google.com/books/about/The_Letters_of_T_S_Eliot_Volume_8_1936_1.html?id=KQbntwEACAAJ

CR