Dear Richard,

Here is the entire poem. I would love it if you explain more about how the
various reference frames are involved and what MacDiarmid may be
referencing. (I"m embarrassed that my spelling was off, since I have known
this poem for decades. AND I even misquoted and did not see it. Alas. But I
would love more on it.

Empty Vessel by Hugh MacDiarmid
I met *ayont* the cairney
A lass wi *tousie* hair