On January 1 at about 9: A.M I had a red breasted nuthatch on my sunflower chips feeder. I live on Wornall Road in the 5800 block. I was able to watch it for over 5 minutes. I was unable to photograph it, as I had no camera in hand was was afraid if I left to get one the bird would be gone. As it stayed so long I would have made it back in time. I understand from a fellow at the Discovery Center that this sighting is most unusual. This is a first for my backyard. I've had the white breasted nuthatch many  times including winin the last month.