A new group of birders for youth ages 8-17 is being organized in the Kansas City area for the purpose of encouraging birding in our young people. Saturday, January 59:00 a.m.-10:00 a.m.Burr Oak Woods Nature Center1401 NW Park Rd.Blue Springs MO 64015Bring binoculars and field guide/phone apps so we can go outside and bird. Dress for the weather. Short meeting to discuss the group's future plans. The mission of the group is to form a youth fellowship of birders, have fun being outdoors and grow in our appreciation of our Missouri ecology. This free group invites all who are interested in birds.Contact: Sara Scheil: (816) 356-6986 / [log in to unmask]
Stay after at 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. to observe bird banding by the Missouri River Bird Observatory staff as they band the wild birds near the Center. It's a great opportunity to see birds up close and ask the ornithologists lots of questions.