On Jan. 5, between 4:30 and 5:00 pm we saw two large groups of swans east of Hwy 151, between the pipeline substation and Audrain County Rd 116.  We counted 190 swans in one group; all that were close enough to identify were Trumpeter Swans. The 2nd group was farther away and consisted of about 55 birds. While watching the swans and others species present a “River of Blackbirds” passed overhead for at least 20 minutes. Impossible to estimate how many birds were there! Complete report will go up on Ebird later today.

Good Birding, Susan

Susan Hazelwood

Columbia, MO