My wife and I were on the east side of St. Joseph,  MO yesterday morning and, we too, saw a tremendous "river of blackbirds"!!Impossible to estimate numbers...each small portion contained hundreds of birds....
Terry L MillerPlattsburg, MO [log in to unmask]

-------- Original message --------From: "Hazelwood, Susan" <[log in to unmask]> Date: 1/6/19  10:37 AM  (GMT-06:00) To: [log in to unmask] Subject: Large Number of Swans in Central MO

On Jan. 5, between 4:30 and 5:00 pm we saw two large groups of swans east of Hwy 151, between the pipeline substation and Audrain County Rd 116.  We counted 190 swans in one
 group; all that were close enough to identify were Trumpeter Swans. The 2nd group was farther away and consisted of about 55 birds. While watching the swans and others species present a “River of Blackbirds” passed overhead for at least 20 minutes.
 Impossible to estimate how many birds were there! Complete report will go up on Ebird later today.

Good Birding, Susan

Susan Hazelwood
Columbia, MO

ASM Spring Meeting: May 3-5, 2019 at Bunker Hill Retreat near Mountain View, MO