The forecast I saw shows snow starting late morning.  Since this trip starts at 8AM we should have time to see some birds before snow starts so I will see everybody at 8AM.

It will be cold so bring extra clothes to put on when you figure out that you didn’t put enough on.

Mike

From: Missouri Wild Bird Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Mike Grant
Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2019 9:07 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: SLAS FIELD TRIP to RMBS and maybe Columbia Bottom CA, Sat. Jan. 26

To St. Louis area birders (and others who may want to join us):

WHAT:     St. Louis Audubon Society field trip, full day – depending on the weather and ice cover at RMBS.

WHEN:     Saturday, January 26

WHERE:   Meet at Teal Pond, Riverlands Migratory Bird Sanctuary. From I-270 in north St. Louis County, take exit 31B north and follow highway 367 toward Alton. Cross the Missouri River, go past the turn for MO-94, and continue until the bridge to Alton is in sight. Take the last available right turn before the bridge, where you see the gas station; then go past the station and turn right again on Wise Road. The Teal Pond parking lot is ahead of you on your right.

MEETING TIME:  8:00 a.m.  We will check Teal Pond first but will take off for other parts of the area before long.

TENTATIVE PLAN: We will probably spend much of the morning, perhaps all of it, at Riverlands, depending on habitat conditions there. This will include the north side (dam and museum area in Illinois). Where we go in the afternoon will be decided by those who continue after lunch. Some of us will probably go to McDonald's for lunch; others are welcome to bring their own and meet us later.

WHO:  Everyone is welcome, whether a member of St. Louis Audubon Society or not.  Out-of-towners are invited!

CONDITIONS:  Currently some snow is predicted for Saturday.  I will post an update Friday to confirm or cancel the field trip.

LEADERS:  Myself and probably some other members of the leader group.

Mike Grant

Chesterfield, MO