Thanks for the info Tim. I wasn't able to read the site you linked to but I found one at Yahoo that I could read: https://finance.yahoo.com/news/t-eliot-former-chelsea-flat-211815286.html

It is a bit confusing by both saying it is on the market and also sold. I include this paragraph because I'm not sure it was on the page you linked to. I'm incredulous. This thing is way over twice the size of my home (using my rule of thumb of 10 to 1 the apartment is about 225 square meters.) And with two living rooms! I think someone after Hayward bought two flats and connected them. Or did Hayward inherit wealth? I find it hard to believe that he could have earned enough for a place like that (even by taking in a boarder.)

"According to the floor plans, the flat spans 2,265 square feet and includes two large living rooms located next to each other, both overlooking the Chelsea Embankment through a set of grand bay windows. A long corridor off the living areas leads to the kitchen, utility room, and the bedrooms in a separate wing. Two of the bedrooms feature en suite bathrooms, likely a luxury at the time. Much of the building’s original detailing also remains: The interiors feature decorative elements, such as carved molding and a sculpted fireplace mantel in the living room."

The paragraph continues talking about Eliot's St. Louis "childhood" home (with a link) but Eliot was about 16 when they moved in.

"Eliot was, famously, actually born in the U.S., in St. Louis, Missouri, but adopted England as his home, becoming a British citizen in 1927. His childhood home (otherwise known as the Federal Revival Townhouse), however, can still be found in Missouri. Eliot’s father, Henry, built the house himself, and it was declared a City Landmark in 1976."

The link is to:
    https://www.stlouis-mo.gov/government/departments/planning/cultural-resources/city-landmarks/TS-Eliot-House.cfm

Regards,
    Rick Parker