Birders: The past couple days I have had a leucistic Dark Eyed Junco here in my yard in Wildwood, MO.
The back half of the bird has a lot of pure white and the rest of the body is much lighter colored than normal.
It is very easy to spot when it flies with such a nearly all white appearance.
Here are a few photos of the bird at the link below:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/dpwagtail/albums/72157704908932324
I hope it stays around awhile. Probably not a "white Christmas this year, but I'll settle for a "white" bird!
Dave Pierce
Wildwood, MO
--
D. Pierce