Today I photographed an american kestrel here in Kirksville - afterwards, upon looking at the photos, it appears to have a crossbill - 5 photos can be found at:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/dgetman/sets

Thought Iíd report it.  If itís still around the next few days, Iíll see if I can get better photos.

Dan Getman, Kirksville, in northeast MO