Hello,
Would any seasoned birders like to educate me on juncos? In my yard, in addition to the slate-colored juncos, I often have what I would consider the Oregon-type junco: dark head, a little bit of rosy-peach color under wings, and lighter tones on the back.
They bear almost no resemblance to our traditional slate-colored junco, but I have also read in several places that the Oregon-type is usually found more in the western states.
From photos, it seems that juvenile juncos are more spotty in appearance, so I don't think I am seeing young ones.
Thank you for any advice!
Robyn Parker
Jefferson County