I was surprised to get to Binder Lake, Cole County, today to find 8 Trumpeter Swans.  They were mid lake.  Also a great time for photographers since there are quite a few ducks out there, including goldeneye, green winged teal, and a nice group of bufflehead. Had one what I believe to be female common merganser.  A good day to bird Binder.

Jane Frazier
Jefferson City