Jon Rapp and I paid a short visit to Bradford Farm this afternoon about an
hour before desk, primarily to look for short-eared owls.

We started at the headquarters area, south of the east lake, where we
quickly found one of the recurring Eurasian tree sparrows. As we were about
to leave, two blackbirds flew in and gave good views. Birds had iridescent
plumage and yellow eyes reminiscent of common grackle, but bill was too
small, legs were too short, and tail was too short and fan-shaped. Two
birds were feeding on the ground on waste corn with mixed flock of
sparrows, including the ETSP. Both were probably BRBL, but one flew off
before I could get good looks.  Jon should be able to provide photos to
document both species.

Two short-eared owls were flying when we reached the west side of the area,
along with two or three northern harriers. Unfortunately, by then it was
too late for photography, and the

--
John Besser
Columbia MO