In November I attended the Offshore Alert Conference in London as a speaker. (Offshore Alert, based in Miami, deals with the offshore tax haven system.) https://www.offshorealert.com/conference/london/

I met someone there with an interesting story which I do not have time to dig into.

But it might be useful to another journalist either as a story itself or as part of a larger story about how offshore companies cheat the heirs of people whose assets they control. Remember the late 90s story of the Swiss banks attempting to keep the assets of people who stashed them there and then survived or died in the Holocaust? Still going on.

I asked him to write a summary of his story, which is below. If you are interested, contact him at Charlie Pycraft <[log in to unmask]>

My name is Charles Pycraft and I have an Offshore Story the moral of which is that if you wish to bring money onshore as a regular taxpayer, it is virtually impossible! Even when pursuing every legal, political, journalistic, investigative and financial angle available to you.

As a London based press card carrying National Union of Journalists media photographer and member of the Frontline Club I am theoretically well suited to pursuing this kind of investigation. From running a photographic studio in Shoreditch until 2000, before becoming a renowned paparazzi photographer from 1999-2013, including working for the News of the World. Starting work at the Big Pictures at the end of the 1990’s and media boom and setting up our own agency YD Image. My pictures include the early chronicling of Prince Harry’s rise to notoriety as the drinking, raving, womanising and street fighting Prince. Sienna Miller and Orlando Bloom’s intimate moment at a polo match, Mickey Rourke stealing another man’s girlfriend, footballer Kierion Dyer’s rape alibi, the comedy terrorist’s security breach at Prince William’s 21st at Windsor Castle, Timberlake’s errant lady, the king of spin Alastair Campbell’s date with Saddam and Lindsay Lohan’s internet viral meme exposure.

My father, Carl Pycraft, who died in 2013 was a UK based property developer. He left a regular will with an equitable split between 4 siblings. What was less regular was my father’s Swiss Riswal Trust in Switzerland that held money at the Luzerner Kantonalbank bank and property assets in El Cuyo, Yucatan, Mexico. "Modern Day Grave Robber" Lance Dorian Ranger, an English registered lawyer and Attendus Trustee based in Zug, Switzerland was his Trustee. Lance Ranger comes up in a Panama Paper search and the property holding company Silvercliffe International Inc was set up by Mossack Fonseca in Panama. On 2nd August 2005 Mr Ranger wrote to my father stating “It might well be that it would be best for your family’s part of Desarrolos Carlos to be held by Silvercliffe and the rest to be held by Attendus as nominees for the various parties. This of course would further insulate your own family’s involvement.” Why would he advise and say this to my father other than to make it easy to defraud his children at a latter date? This is an extract from a letter for probate for the HMRC tax office, “The shares of Silvercliffe were previously held by Carl Pycraft, partly for himself and partly for several third parties. Mr Pycraft transferred all of the  Silvercliffe shares to which he was beneficially entitled on the 11th December 2012, to the trustees of a multi-family trust. The trustees thereof have subsequently transferred the beneficial ownership of those shares to the trustees of a single family trust-The Riswal Trust (“Riswal”). It is expected that the discretionary beneficiaries of Riswal will include the issue of Mr Pycraft.” Very opaque language!

Lance Ranger has avoided any form of communication with me and not payed out money held on account from the sale of a property called San Miguel near Tulum in Mexico. There is also approximately $12 million in El Cuyo, Yucatan, Mexican land assets help on Trust of which I have a beneficial interest. Mr Ranger has the Share Certificates and Trust Deed. My father was introduced to Mr Ranger around 2000 by Harry Ball a chartered accountant who was based in Guernsey who died in December 2016. There are no investment restrictions on foreign-owned Mexican corporations aimed at buying and developing property. Mexican corporations require a minimum of two associates or shareholders. Both shareholders can be foreigners, and there is no need to have a Mexican partner. My father also wrote a letter in 1998 giving me a 2% net commission for helping sell both the properties. Our probate lawyer Michael Tulloch at Monro Wright & Wasbrough stated, "As to the commission agreement, this appears to be binding on your father's estate; see the words "I or the trustee of my Estate”.”

After my brother and brother-in-law got nowhere after 4 years dealing with the Mexican property side or with Lance Ranger, even after instructing a London based Mexican lawyer to ask for a definitive update. I decided to do a blog in spring 2017. This blog exposed Lance Ranger’s wrongdoings and through this an Indian businessman contacted me who has also been defrauded for $10’s millions. In typical style Offshore style Lance plays divide and rule with family members or business partners to find the weakest moral link to further enrich himself. In 2015, Mishcon de Reya has been lead a multi-jurisdictional team of lawyers acting for clients Storca Intertrans Corp and Evgeny Mulyukov in various proceedings, including substantial proceedings before the BVI Commercial Court and the Court of Appeal of the Eastern Caribbean Supreme Court against Lance Ranger, Attendus and recovered $350 million that he tried to misappropriate.

Xabier De Beristain Humphrey is the lawyer dealing with the land in Mexico and on retainer to get compensation for the land situation in Mexico. Tim Lawson-Cruttenden is on retainer to close the Trust agreement with my family and assist the SRA with any questions regarding Lance Ranger. There is a file on my situation that has been run by HMRC, the SRA, Mauritius FSC, the  FBI, NCA, Swiss FINMA and Swiss SRO(VNF), (As a financial intermediary in the non-banking sector, ATTENDUS Trust Company AG is affiliated to an SRO. This SRO is VQF. Reporting the situation to the Luzerner Kantonalbank just reverts you back to the Swiss secrecy get out clause and back to the Trustee.

There's a lot more, but I thought this would be enough to get the interest of anyone wanting to look into this.

Lucy

======================================================================= To unsubscribe or modify list settings go to <URL:lists.reporter.org>. Click "Get Password" if you don't have one, login and visit the "Subscriber's Corner". To unsubscribe now click <mailto:[log in to unmask]> (sends a blank e-mail) or send "unsubscribe GLOBAL-L" in the body of an e-mail message to [log in to unmask]"">"[log in to unmask]". Please e-mail [log in to unmask] if you need help or have questions. =======================================================================