It looks like the weather will cooperate (somewhat) for the Columbia Audubon Society field trip to Bradford Farms tomorrow, December 1. It will be warm, but the ground will be wet after overnight rains. Waterproof boots are highly recommended.

Bradford has produced some good birds in recent weeks, including Harris’ sparrow, Eurasian tree sparrow, short-eared owls, sandhill crane, and western meadowlark. We’ll also look for  other winter visitors, including longspurs, blackbirds, northern shrike, raptors, and waterfowl.

We’ll meet at 9 AM at the parking lot at the Bradford conference center and we'll plan to  bird until noon, taking several short walks in several parts of the farm.

NOTE: Early birders can meet at 7:30 AM at the commuter parking off US Hwy 63 at the AC exit. We’ll check out nearby Phillips Lake and South Farm before we head to Bradford.

John Besser
Columbia MO