Wag noun: a person given to droll, roguish, or mischievous humor; wit.

Mr. Hitchings, you have my appreciative attention!

The rest of you, if you missed it, take a look at Gregg's eBird report yesterday:

Mandarin Duck (Aix galericulata) (1)
- Reported Nov 10, 2018 12:42 by Gregg Hitchings
- St. Ferdinand Park, St. Louis, Missouri
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=38.8045791,-90.3248578&ll=38.8045791,-90.3248578
- Media: 1 Photo
- Comments: "Distinctive bird still here.  Definitely a Mandarin Drake. Still with the mallards as reported earlier.  Extremely tame and readily takes wing to stay up with his friends.  No bands.  It would certainly be interesting to know his story but I have to believe this bird came from a collection.  After all, if a bird escapes a collection or not, it might just be a matter of a pinion. (Sorry)"

With a smile for audacious bodacious birding,

Edge Wade
Columbia, MO