On behalf of the Missouri Bird Records Committee, I would like to extend a warm welcome to Mary Nemecek, our newly-elected member. Mary is from Kansas City and is no doubt well known to many of you, as she is active in many aspects of conservation and natural history and is also a member of the eBird review team.

We are delighted to have Mary on board; she starts officially on Jan. 1, allowing some time for orientation. Per my Mobirds-L post of Oct. 5, with news about the new structure of the MBRC, she will be serving a single term of seven years and then must leave the Committee for at least a year before she becomes eligible for nomination again.

To keep the Committee at its constant voting membership of seven, I will remain as Secretary but in a non-voting capacity as of Jan. 1. I am still the person responsible for the various Committee reports and postings, and I'd be glad to answer any questions.

Bill Rowe

St. Louis