On a sunny but chilly fall morning four of us walked from the meeting center to the pond, down to the river (which was up a bit) and then up to the overlook.  There was an amazing number of Yellow-rumped Warblers, Blue Jays and Turkey Vultures.  I had my FOY White-throated Sparrows, a group of 8 in a sapling and we heard but could not find a Red-breasted Nuthatch.  From the overlook we saw three Black Vultures.

It was a little strange to have just one Cedar Waxwing.  It was bathing in a shallow end of the pond with many YR Warblers.

Full list at:

https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S49251646

Mike Grant

Chesterfield, MO