A Review in The Scotsman

//Eliot had intended to write a follow-up book of poems about dogs, but
never got round to it. According to his late widow Valerie, the idea came
to him following a conversation with his chauffeur, who was describing his
own hound – not pedigreed but loved all the same. “He’s not what you’d call
a consequential dog,” the chauffeur said. Eliot apparently loved that
phrase and quickly decided to write a book of “consequential dogs”. We can
only guess what his dog poems might have been like had he found the time to
pen them, but with the greatest respect to the internationally revered
author of The Waste Land, it’s hard to imagine him coming up with anything
more energetic or enjoyable than the rhymes in this collection by
Christopher Reid, produced with the blessing of the Eliot Estate and
winningly illustrated by Elliot Elam.//

https://www.scotsman.com/lifestyle/culture/books/book-review-old-toffer-s-book-of-consequential-dogs-by-christopher-reid-1-4798094

CR