I'm banding hummingbirds in Arizona right now, so I've not been tracking Missouri weather this week. This is just past the peak of migration time, when hummers will take advantage of any cold front to catch a free ride south on the tailwind...a reverse fallout, if you will. Expect numbers to fluctuate daily, as some birds leave and new ones arrive from farther north.

Lanny Chambers
Fenton, MO

> On Sep 13, 2018, at 10:07, millert832 <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>

> With only two feeders, we have had way more Ruby-throated Hummingbirds this summer than ever before...probably close to 40.  Then, yesterday and today....a whopping  four remain.

ASM Fall Meeting: September 28-30, 2018 in Columbia