I found a nice flock of 25 Bobolinks at Poosey CA this morning. Nice also was a male Blue Grosbeak perched on a power line and doing a soft "whisper" song.

This evening while looking at an awesome light and cloud show from storms that went around us, I watched half a dozen Common Nighthawks working their way south over a hay field just east of town. Don't know if there had been more before I got there or not. Anyway it is time for larger numbers to be moving. Maybe next few days?

Later,
Steve Kinder
Chillicothe

ASM Fall Meeting: September 28-30, 2018 in Columbia Details and Online Registration