I found a nice flock of 25 Bobolinks at Poosey CA this morning. Nice also was a male Blue Grosbeak perched on a power line and doing a soft "whisper" song.
This evening while looking at an awesome light and cloud show from storms that went around us, I watched half a dozen Common Nighthawks working their way south over a hay field just east of town. Don't know if there had been more before I got there or not. Anyway it is time for larger numbers to be moving. Maybe next few days?
Later,Steve [log in to unmask]