MOBIRDSers! I need your help! Or, rather, Mexican birders need your help!

COA (Club de Observadores de Aves) Huasteca Potosina is a birding club in the state of San Luis in Mexico and they are looking for donated binoculars, new or used, for the club’s youth. The group has field guides already and they use eBird and Naturalista to enter their data, and they held their first birding fest this year. If you are interested in donating or purchasing a pair of binos for the group, my bird-loving colleagues at Texas Parks and Wildlife are accepting donated binoculars for the group to avoid your having to pay for international shipping costs. If interested, please ship to:

Marķa I. Araujo, International Affairs Director

Texas Parks and Wildlife Department

4200 Smith School Rd., Austin, TX 78744.

If you feel more comfortable shipping the binoculars to me, send to me at the street or PO box in my signature at the bottom of this email, and I would be happy to ship them to Texas in a bundle when/if I get a few pairs.

The COA Huasteca Potosina’s objectives are:

The group is also on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/COAHuastecaPotosina/.

Please consider assisting our birding brothers and sisters, especially in regions where many of “our” Missouri birds migrate through, or spend the winter. The conservation of migratory birds that breed in Missouri and across the U.S. depends heavily on the conservation ethic and efforts of those south of our borders, where many species spend time up to 8 months of the year.

Thank you for your time, and please reach out if you have any questions. Birds are awesome!

Sarah

Sarah Kendrick

State Ornithologist

Missouri Department of Conservation

2901 W Truman Boulevard

PO Box 180

Jefferson City, MO 65102

Office: (573) 522-4115 Ext. 3262

Fax: (573) 526-4663

ASM Fall Meeting: September 28-30, 2018 in Columbia Details and Online Registration