Wow! This makes a fabulous read, Rick. I’ll read it a couple times more to absorb it fully. Thanks for sharing this very insightful take on Death by Water.

Regards,
CR

On Mon, Aug 27, 2018 at 11:00 AM Rick Parker <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
On Sat, 25 Aug 2018 22:44:37 -0400, Chanan Mittal <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Out of Time
>By Kevin D. Williamson
>NATIONAL REVIEW
>August 23, 2018
>https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/08/elon-musk-seeks-solace-in-ts-eliot-poetry/

Sorry CR I have not yet read the article. My desktop system is desperately in need of an upgrade as my browser is incapable of displaying more and more webpages and I can't get a new browser without upgrading the OS and [long story omitted.]

I had submitted a different Musk/Phelbas webpage a few days ago but it didn't take because due to some glitch I got unsubscribed from the TSE list and early attempts to rectify the problem were unsuccessful. I should be fine now. And here, from a notes log I entered it into, is what I tried to send:

Added: Wed Aug 22 12:09:12 EDT 2018
Date: 20180822120912

First a bit of background. Iain Banks wrote fiction. When he wrote science fiction the books bore the name Iain M. Banks instead. Iain M. Banks wrote a series of science fiction books, the Culture series, about an interstellar civilization. The first book in the series was titled "Consider Phlebas" and a later one "Look to Windward" where the names obviously refer to Part 4 of Eliot's "The Waste Land." Elon Musk of Tesla, SpaceX and the Boring Project is a fan of Banks; he named two of his spacecraft after ships in the Culture series. Yesterday (8/21) Musk tweeted "Read Eliot’s notes on The Waste Land https://t.co/2SSsHiJmiO pic.twitter.com/uToAi4kBi1"

Now there are a number of pages out on the web trying to explain what he means. One on the Breitbart website I consider to be worth your time to read (although the publisher and page title might put you off.)

https://www.breitbart.com/economics/2018/08/21/deathbywater/
Understanding Elon Musk’s Tweet Quoting T.S. Eliot’s ‘Death by Water’
Elon Musk returned to Twitter Tuesday with a command and poetry.
By John Carney

Regards,
   Rick Parker