I checked out the Bittern Marsh pool at Fountain Grove CA again today. There were 250+ Shorebirds there, but nothing unusual. over half were Killdeer - 138, with the rest being Least, Spotted, Pectoral, and Stilt Sandpipers. No Yellowlegs today. There were also a couple of GB Herons, four Great Egrets, couple of Mallards, and a male Northern Shoveler present.   I went on down to see what was at Swan Lake NWR, where the water levels continue to shrink. Only around 50 Great Egrets and a few GB Herons remain now. I did see the three Sandhill Cranes again and was able to verify two adults and an almost full grown juvenile. This was most likely the Colt, all grown up now, we observed on the field trip at the Spring ASM meeting. Nice to know it has survived!

Later,Steve KinderChillicothe, Livingston [log in to unmask]

ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/