Brad Jacobs, Paul McKenzie and I spent several hours today looking for the Wood Storks and were unable to locate them. We hope birders will keep trying.

Just as Steve suggested, we also tried Fountain Grove CA; at Bittern Bottom Pool we saw hundreds of shorebirds, including many Stilt Sandpipers, one Baird’s Sandpiper, and four American Avocets.

At Swan Lake NWR we enjoyed seeing the three Sandhill Cranes flying over Silver Lake and observed both Black and Forster’s Terns. Brad and Paul were covered by Mayflies, and I swallowed one accidentally, taking a cue from the swallows, maybe.

Good birding everyone,
Pete

Pete Monacell
Jefferson City