Hi all!

I was visiting Horseshoe Lake State Park (IL) today, actually and there weren't many herons.  While I had a good number of species (six) the concentration that was present over the weekend seems to have dissipated. There's still quite a few hanging around, but they were fairly well-spread out along the lake.  I did have 40+ American Robins in a couple of flocks, as well as the continuing pair of Ruddy Ducks.  I didn't find the Neotropic Cormorant.

Speaking of heron concentrations, I had 106 Great Egrets fly over/ land at Riverlands this evening, but other than one Least Sandpiper and one Least Tern there wasn't much of interest.

Jared Gorrell,
Madison co. IL