Hi all!

I was visiting Horseshoe Lake State Park (IL) today, actually and there
weren't many herons.  While I had a good number of species (six) the
concentration that was present over the weekend seems to have dissipated.
There's still quite a few hanging around, but they were fairly well-spread
out along the lake.  I did have 40+ American Robins in a couple of flocks,
as well as the continuing pair of Ruddy Ducks.  I didn't find the Neotropic
Cormorant.

Speaking of heron concentrations, I had 106 Great Egrets fly over/ land at
Riverlands this evening, but other than one Least Sandpiper and one Least
Tern there wasn't much of interest.

Jared Gorrell,
Madison co. IL