To St. Louis area birders, and any others who may want to join us:

WHAT:     St. Louis Audubon Society field trip, half day.

WHEN:     Wednesday, May 16 (2 days from now)

WHERE:  Route 66 State Park. Join us as follows: Take I-44 west but do NOT take Exit 266 (marked for the park Visitor Center). Continue to Eureka, Exit 264, route 109. When exiting, take the leftmost lane and turn left (south) on 109, staying again in the leftmost lane to turn left again and get back on I-44 eastbound (i.e., do a 180). Once you are back on I-44, stay in the right lane and exit again at Williams Road, Exit 265. After swinging to the right, make a left onto S. Outer Road, as indicated by the sign for the State Park. You are now heading east parallel to I-44. In just under a mile, shortly before the road curves under I-44, there is a parking lot on your right marked for equestrians. We will meet there.

MEETING TIME:   7:00 AM. We will do some birding around the meeting place for at least a short while before heading to other parts of the park.

LUNCH:  None expected. The trip will end at or before noon. Bring water and snacks as desired.

WHO:  Everyone is welcome, whether a member of St. Louis Audubon Society or not.

CONDITIONS:  Weather.com suggests that the morning will be slightly cooler, 65-77, with some cloud cover, little likelihood of rain, and little wind -- so it sounds good.

We will be walking for much of the morning, at least 3-4 miles, so wear appropriate shoes and bring water along if you wish. As always, insect repellent will be helpful.

LEADERS:  Mary Dueren and I.

Bill Rowe
St. Louis