This morning, seven of us assembled at 7:00 for the St. Louis Audubon Society field trip in Route 66 State Park. We covered a smaller loop first, then repositioned our cars and hiked a longer loop, for a total of about 4 miles.

Very few migrants were in evidence, but of those that were, it appears that Blue-headed Vireo and Wilson's Warbler were new for the park list (at least in eBird). We also added a new resident species: Mississippi Kite, with two adults attending a nest. Other highlights included two Barred Owls calling, a Prairie Warbler singing, and three Bald Eagles overhead.

Our list:  https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S45738163

I have shared the list with the two people whose addresses I have. If anyone else would like the eBird list shared directly, please write me.

Thanks to Mary Dueren for co-leading, Dick Palmer for assisting, and the other four participants for turning out for this pleasant bird walk.

Bill Rowe

St. Louis