From: "William Rowe" <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Wednesday, May 16, 2018 2:01:39 PM
Subject: Route 66 State Park results, Wednesday

This morning, seven of us assembled at 7:00 for the St. Louis Audubon
Society field trip in Route 66 State Park. We covered a smaller loop first,
then repositioned our cars and hiked a longer loop, for a total of about 4
miles.

Very few migrants were in evidence, but of those that were, it appears that
Blue-headed Vireo and Wilson's Warbler were new for the park list (at least
in eBird). We also added a new resident species: Mississippi Kite, with two
adults attending a nest. Other highlights included two Barred Owls calling,
a Prairie Warbler singing, and three Bald Eagles overhead.

Our list:  https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S45738163

I have shared the list with the two people whose addresses I have. If
anyone else would like the eBird list shared directly, please write me.

Thanks to Mary Dueren for co-leading, Dick Palmer for assisting, and the
other four participants for turning out for this pleasant bird walk.

Bill Rowe

St. Louis

ASM Spring Meeting: May 4-6, 2018 at Arrow Rock