Error during command authentication.

Error - unable to initiate communication with LISTSERV (errno=10061, phase=CONNECT, target=127.0.0.1:2306). The server is probably not started. LISTSERV 16.0 - MOBIRDS-L Archives

Besides the Eared Grebe, which was in alternate (breeding) plumage, Tom
Parmeter and I found various other nice things at Riverlands. While not as
abundant as 12 days ago after storms, shorebirds were all around the area
in small to medium-sized flocks that kept on the move. These included 9
Black-bellied Plovers, 7 Am. Golden-Plovers, 8 Dunlin, 1 Ruddy Turnstone,
12 Semipalmated Plovers, and 4 Short-billed Dowitchers, as well as Least,
Semipalmated, Pectoral, and White-rumped Sandpipers plus Spotted and both
yellowlegs.  A late Snow Goose on Teal Pond did not look well. Three scaup
observed and photographed were definite Lessers.

https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S45713147

This list contains comments on the grebe, the scaup, and the Short-billed
Dowitchers, two of which I was lucky to photograph at close range on Heron
Pond. Comments on those will, I hope, help with separation of this species
from Long-billed in breeding plumage.

Also, for those who may be interested, I got lucky last week on both
dowitchers up at BK Leach and was able to get some pretty good comparative
shots, with comments here:

https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S45527343

The birds depicted were also identified by voice. Some of the points I
mention there come from Kevin Karlson and his studies of dowitchers.

Hope to see a few of you on the SLAS field trip tomorrow!

Bill Rowe
St. Louis