Maybe it will benefit Bewick’s Wrens this year.

Anyway, we have the usual in my neighborhood. I’ve hear up to two singing.

——Bill Eddleman

Sent from my iPhone

On May 10, 2018, at 7:20 AM, MARGE LUMPE <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

We may have some of the missing House Wrens. One wakes me every morning with that joyous, bubbly song. Another has moved into the Martin house, and I believe another is hanging out in the backyard.
The bad news is that a black snake was lounging on top of the hedge where I believe the #1 House Wren was nesting.
Marge Lumpe

Get Outlook for Android

From: Missouri Wild Bird Forum <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Ethan Duke <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday, May 9, 2018 10:51:47 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Query of House Wren Anectdotes

Greetings, MoBirders,

We usually have about 3 or 4 pairs of House Wrens at our home in Marshall that are very prolific. Thus far this year, we have only one pair. Our friend in Clinton has none returning and our office in Arrow Rock that has previously had a regularly-returning pair also has none. Has anyone else experienced a dearth of these joyous, songful, and commonly under appreciated treasures?

Hoping for the best,

Ethan & Dana

P.S. Great posts about amazing birds lately (great rare bird sighting opportunities) and curious, albeit somewhat disturbing evidence of behavior (Andy and Chrissy with the ducks). Thank you all for the great updates.

Ethan C. Duke
Assistant Director / Co-founder
Missouri River Bird Observatory
www.mrbo.org