Mobirders,

Black Vulture is considered rare in Boone County, Missouri.  Until this spring, there have been only 2 observations of Black Vulture in Boone Co. reported to eBird (2012 and 2015). I know of only two other observations, not reported to eBird in recent years.

Black Vultures are expanding range.  Please report all sightings of this species in Boone Co. to eBird if you participate in eBird, and to Mobirds so we can document and have a record of this range expansion, and so others have an opportunity to view them.

Edge Wade
ASM Conservation Partnership Coordinator

ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/