I've been debating whether or not to bother creating a trip report for the Kennedy Woods-Forest Park/Tower Grove Park SLAS field trip Saturday. We saw only a few migrants...few and far between.

Kennedy Woods still pretty much looks like it's the dead of winter, so unless a bird is planning on spending the summer here, I guess they're just not interested. Give it a couple of weeks and I think the birding will be much improved.

However, we had a large and pleasant group of about 30 people who joined us for this trip. And I think everyone enjoyed getting out and sharing our common purpose.

Here is a partial list of encountered species, as far as I recall:

Barred Owl (prior to the official start) FP

Scarlet Tanager FP

Black-throated Green Warbler TGP

Ruby-throated Hummingbird TGP

Red-headed Woodpecker FP