From: Missouri Wild Bird Forum <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Gary Rauvola <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Saturday, April 28, 2018 10:12 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Castlewood SP area birds

Just a quick FYI; I saw a Worm-eating Warbler last week at Simpson Lake, east parking lot off Marshall Rd in Valley Park.
Gary Rauvola
Glendale, MO

On Sat, Apr 28, 2018 at 7:43 AM Michael Brady <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>> wrote:
   Distant whipporwill calling early this morn in some woods near St Paul  Rd close to the Sherman Beach Access area of Castlewood SP

   In the main part of Castlewood SP  at least 2 ceruleans back on their usual territorys.One near the first parking lot after you go under the railroad tracks.The other about 400 down the road from there.

  Both summer and scarlet tans singing near each other along the Fern Grotto cutoff trail of the Grotpeter trail

 Didnt look real hard this morn but a couple of black vultures will often roost with the TV's  in the sycamores along the river trail just above where the old cement dredging hold ruins are.

 Dont know if anyone has reported worm-eating warblers around St Louis but have not seen or heard any yet at Castlewood which is kind of odd

-Mike Brady
 Ballwin MO

Archives<https://po.missouri.edu/archives/mobirds-l.html> / Subscription options<https://po.missouri.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=mobirds-l&A=1> / ASM Website<http://mobirds.org> / Email the list owners<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

ASM Spring Meeting: May 4-6, 2018 at Arrow Rock Details and Online Registration<http://www.mobirds.org/ASM/Meetings.aspx>