Barry county 4-27.  Funny what a little sunshine and warmer temperatures can do.  Bird vocalization and visibility for birders improving.  Today our group identified 21 warbler species, 96 total species.  We spent the first hour this morning in campground two, where we identified 12 warbler species.  Up on Sugar Camp Drive, a bit quieter, but still added one Cereulean, one Worm-eating, and at least a dozen Hooded Warblers.  Good looks at those three, Black-throated Green, and Prairie.   First Yellow-breasted Chat for the year.  Good day for shorebirds by our standards for this area.  Spotted, Solitary, Greater Yellow-legs, Killdeer. (Not much shorebird habitat in these parts.)  We were joined by brother Dave and six other Kansas birders, plus Jill Hays, Debbie & Steve Martin, Nancy & Hammons Shanda from GOAS.  Back at it again tomorrow leading the GOAS field trip here.
Jerry WilliamsRepublic, Greene County, Missouri