Twelve of us birded along the Meramec River.  We walked South-Southwest an hour or so then reversed course and walked east until about 11:00.  There were no great surprising just lots of returning birds.  In warblers we had lots of Yellow-rumped, a few Yellow-throated, Redstarts, Northern Parulas and Prothonotaries, both Waterthrushes, a Tennessee and a Palm.  Lots of Ruby-crowned Kinglets and Gnatcatchers, one Golden-crowned.  A couple of soaring Broad-winged Hawks did add some excitement.  With the river close by we had four species of swallows.

The checklist with photos from Mike Thelen and me is on eBird at:

https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S44932831

Thank you to Mike, Dick and David for helping lead the walk and to all who helped make it an enjoyable outing for birds.

Mike Grant

Chesterfield, MO