Barry County 4/26A new day, new challenges.  We ended today with 19 warbler species, 100 total species.  Highlights were Blackpoll Warbler on Sugar Camp and Swainson's Hawk near the Washburn Wetlands.  Hooded Warblers were much more vocal today, which allowed us to identify 12 of them this morning.  Ceruleans were quiet today.  None on the list.  In fact, a lot of the warbler species on Sugar Camp road were quiet except for Hooded.  The temperature stayed below 50 degrees and cloudy most of the day  There was more sound in the campgrounds of Roaring River State Park, where we saw Redstarts, Tennessee, Nashville, Yellow-throated, Yellow-rumped, Louisiana Waterthrush, Northern Parula, Kentucky, Ovenbird and Black-throated Green.
Jerry WilliamsRepublic, Greene County, Missouri