Southern Barry County today was wet and chilly, but with some effort we were able to identify 92 species.  We were joined by two Kansas birders, Leon Hicks and Carolyn Schwab.  For the first time this year, we hit the 20 warbler mark.  Twenty even, to be exact.  The highlights were finally getting a visual on Black-throated Green Warbler, and great views of Tennessee, Nashville, Kentucky, Worm-eating and Hooded Warblers.  Also in the mix were Ovenbird, Louisiana Waterthrush, Northern Waterthrush, Blue-winged, Black & White, Prothonotary, Orange-crowned, American Redstart, Cerulean, Northern Parula, Palm, Yellow-rumped, Yellow-throated, and Prairie.

We also saw a Merlin perched on Sugar Camp Road.  Haven't seen a Merlin here in several years.

Jerry Williams
Republic, Greene County, Missouri