Very birdy this morning as I traveled gravel roads on northeast side of Smithville lake.  At a decent sized neighborhood pond/lake, I had Buffleheads, a couple DC Cormorants, 5 Lesser Scaup, one Great Egret, and a Black Crowned Night Heron flew over and landed in one of the willow trees and that enabled me to scope him out from pretty close range!!  Very cool!!

Terry L. Miller
Kearney HS