Twelve of us birded along the Meramec River.  We walked South-Southwest an
hour or so then reversed course and walked east until about 11:00.  There
were no great surprising just lots of returning birds.  In warblers we had
lots of Yellow-rumped, a few Yellow-throated, Redstarts, Northern Parulas
and Prothonotaries, both Waterthrushes, a Tennessee and a Palm.  Lots of
Ruby-crowned Kinglets and Gnatcatchers, one Golden-crowned.  A couple of
soaring Broad-winged Hawks did add some excitement.  With the river close by
we had four species of swallows.

The checklist with photos from Mike Thelen and me is on eBird at:

https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S44932831

Thank you to Mike, Dick and David for helping lead the walk and to all who
helped make it an enjoyable outing for birds.

Mike Grant

Chesterfield, MO