Hello.
 The snowy owl was still there on Friday sitting on what looked like hay bales out in the field by the shed. I also saw three black necked stilts and many yellowlegs and snipes and two harriers as well as the usual coots, blue winged teals and northern shovelers. I have a few photos of the stilts posted to ebird. The stilts were a little far but I was able to get some fairly clear photos:

 https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S44863750

Saturday I couldn't find the snowy. I freely admit I have been somewhat  obsessed with this owl. With her only 35 minutes from my house I was lucky enough to see and photograph her on several occassions. I posted some flight photos of her that I was very excited about on the following two ebird lists from a week or so ago.

https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S44860230

https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S44863069

Saturday I also saw saw two barred owls close to the road but too dark for photos  and a ring necked pheasant I was able to photograph for several minutes from my car before he disappeared into the brush. Photos of the pheasant: https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S44864072

I also went to Bittern Basin and saw several of what I believe is a yellow rumped warbler.   https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S44864308

At Clarence Cannon there was the normal assortment of birds that were recently reported but as I was leaving I spotted an American Bittern hiding in the growth under some trees at the first turn in the road. First time I have ever seen one clearly. Photos here: https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S44864478

On a side note we have kestrels possibly nesting in an old house on our property. We have seen the male and female enter a hole in the eaves on several occasions this past month and have seen them hunting in the fields around our house. I was actually photographing the female last week because I seldom see her. Suddenly the male appeared and surprisingly (at least to me) they began breeding. It happened quite fast-and I was able to photograph a series of images. I also spotted a Pileated woodpecker fly to a tree on the fence line next to our property and then disappear into a hole in the tree. I photographed from a great distance but was able to see the bird clearly as she(?) poked her head out. It would be amazing to see any of these babies as they grow up over the spring.

Best,
stephanie
Lincoln County

ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/