From: <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, Apr 23, 2018 at 8:52 AM
Subject: [eBird Alert] Stoddard County Rare Bird Alert <daily>

*** Species Summary:

- Swainson's Hawk (2 reports)
- Bell's Vireo (1 report)

summary?sid=SN39154

Swainson's Hawk (Buteo swainsoni) (1)
- Reported Apr 20, 2018 by Jethro Runco
- hwy 60 east of Dexter, Stoddard, Missouri
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=36.8229125,-
89.8773479&ll=36.8229125,-89.8773479
- Comments: "Long winged Buteo. From the underside, this bird had dark
primaries and secondaries that contrasted  with the underwing coverts. This
bird also had a dark head and collar that covered the upper chest but had a
clear white throat.
Very familiar with this species having live out west for many years."

Swainson's Hawk (Buteo swainsoni) (1)
- Reported Apr 20, 2018 by Jethro Runco
- hwy 60 west of Morehouse, Stoddard, Missouri
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=36.8360955,-
89.7472715&ll=36.8360955,-89.7472715
- Comments: "Amazingly the second SWHA of the trip. This one was also a
light phase and soaring over the highway showing off the dark primaries and
secondaries contrasting with the white underwing coverts. Dark head and
chest but with a small white throat patch. Tail a darkish gray with a
single tail band towards the terminus. Wings long and narrow."

Bell's Vireo (Vireo bellii) (1)
- Reported Apr 21, 2018 09:15 by Cindy Bridges
- Otter Slough CA, Stoddard, Missouri
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=36.7255392,-
90.0963879&ll=36.7255392,-90.0963879
- Comments: "vireo size, drab, brownish above, white to yellow below.
singing from tree near brushy edge of field..."