Hi!

From Melissa Roach in a FB comment: "Sorry I haven't given a specific
location yet; I've been meaning to post to the listserv and it keeps
getting pushed down the to-do list. The flock frequently visits the pines
in the big, open field on the south side of 144. This is also where the
large "Hawn State Park" sign hangs (it will be on the right as you enter
the park). The field was recently burned so the grass is really short and a
few of the shorter pines were scorched. There's a small pull off that leads
down to a metal gate, but the park asks that people don't park there
(because you'll block the gate); you can just park in the grass on the side
of the road. If you walk through the metal gate and south down the mowed
path, the flock has been foraging on the first few scorched pines but also
flies west (and away). You'll notice nest boxes along the mowed path,
please do not disturb them as some of them have active nests (we use this
field as a study site). Thanks, and good luck!"

Reposted by Jared Gorrell
Jackson County IL