Missouri Birders:  I went to Route 66 SP, St. Louis County, to see if anything new trickled in this morning.  This is not the best place to catch migrants coming through – But it gets me out of the house and is close to home.  I started off strong, with 2 first of year female INDIGO BUNTINGS, but then the birds quickly tapered off.  An hour and a half later, I still managed to get a few new year birds, but only singing: PROTHONOTARY WARBLER (singing across river next to boat ramp), (2) YELLOW-THROATED WARBLERS and a single NORTHERN PARULA.  Just as I started to wrap up my walk at the main parking lot I heard my 2nd NORTHERN PARULA of the day. I decided I better track this one down and actually try to see one before heading home.  Glad I did – As the one single tree with leaves opening included:

No official spring records broken, but nice to see the birds beginning to trickle in.  For a complete list, with a few photos (nothing exceptional) – see here:  https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S44558173

Good spring birding,

Joshua Uffman

St. Louis County, Missouri