Let me post it all again in a larger print:

I suppose it has to do with Eliot and Richards holding opposing views on
literature, science, and dogma vis-a-vis Dante.

Possibly the debate had to do with Eliot’s 1927 essay in The Dial titled

Literature, Science, and Dogma.

As well as Richards’ ‘Science and Poetry’ (1926, 1935).

CR