We went to Frank Holten State Park in East Saint Louis where we found the Common Loon and Red-necked Grebe, but not the Red-throated Loon.  There were five Black-crowned Night Herons sitting in a clump of bushes to the left of the parking lot.  The fields on the Rt. 111 side of Horseshoe Lake produced both Yellowlegs and lots of Blue-winged and Green-winged Teal.  The Lake itself had hundreds of Double-crested Cormorants and lots of Coots and Pelicans.  There were a couple of Great Egrets.  Riverlands produced a large flock of Golden Plover, lots of Yellowlegs (both kinds) and a horde of Pectoral Sandpipers.  There were three Dunlin in the mix.  The Lesser Black-backed Gull reported by Bill Rowe yesterday was still present as were lot of Bonaparte's Gulls some with full hoods.  Lincoln-Shields had a good number of Great Egrets as well as ducks and more shorebirds.

David Becher

Saint Louis